Thread: Spreading??
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 07:13 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thanks Becca! A quick update - definitely experiencing spread to my right arm/hand and left leg/foot despite only being diagnosed in the past couple months. The shiny skin, intense burning/pain and extreme sensitivity to sensations is occurring. I'm going to ask about the sympathetic nerve blocks and/or increasing my lyrica dose since that seems to be the most helpful and I'm on a very low dose right now. It doesn't stop the burning but I'm not sure anything will at this point, honestly. I'm seriously dreading winter and the cold weather knowing that can often make the pain worse.

My current regimen is 100mg celebrex, 2x/day, 50mg lyrica every other day and 5mg hydrocodone as needed (up to twice a day). In the evening when I take all three that's about as good as it gets and that takes the burning from an 8 to a 5/6 which is totally tolerable/acceptable given the circumstances.

Does anyone have any input on this regimen or anything else I should ask the doctor about? The hydrocodone helps but only about 4 hours so I have to be strategic as to when I take it. I usually take them immediately following PT/exercise and 3 hours before bedtime. I'm going to ask the doctor next week about either being able to take them 3 times a day or switching to something a bit longer acting.
annabanana123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote