View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 10:49 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Great work everyone.

I just past the 6 month mark since my last drop of alcohol. That was something that I wouldn't have believed possible early on into recovery.

As for the not drinking things have gotten easier. AA has been very helpful and time away from a drink to give myself a break and do some soul searching has given me a completely new perspective on life in general.

So now that I gotten this far this next phase I'm ready to focus on improving my health in general. Diet, exercise, and getting off of my gabapentin dependency are my 3 goals. I look forward to tracking my progress.

My feet continue to be a burden, was waiting in line at a store the other day and after a few minutes the reality hit me that this is not something I can do any more with how I feel for long period of times. It's a weird realization to experience at my age but I try to shift those thoughts to things that can motivate me. Thanks again to all that participate in this thread. It continues to inspire and encourage me on the day to day.
On_A_Freeway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-11-2018), Icehouse (10-13-2018), kiwi33 (10-11-2018), PamelaJune (12-08-2018), Wide-O (10-13-2018)