Thread: Is it from PCS?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 02:31 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used View Post
In early 2015 I had a concussion. Within about 5 minutes I had light sensitivity. Noise sensitivity and headaches that were extremely severe soon followed. I didn't notice many other symptoms, other than some irritability associated with the headaches, and some cognitive issues. Since then, those symptoms have improved.

In late 2017, right about when the headaches weren't being so severe, I started to have problems with fatigue. I exercise daily, I eat well, I sleep well, and I avoid alcohol/caffeine.

The fatigue is strange, I wake up in the morning feeling good. My energy gradually declines and within 1-5 hours I feel braindead. The only thing that bring my energy back is if I lay down in bed for 1-3 hours. I do not sleep during this time. I feel extremely depressed and hopeless when I am in bed, but after I've been there long enough my energy and mood and back to normal. I do not feel depressed the rest of the day.

I spoke to my neuro, who felt the fatigue wasn't from the PCS because I didn't experience any initially. Docs are running bloodwork and looking for treatable diseases at the moment, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this kind of fatigue kick in so long after a head injury?
Yeah I had this also when the headaches subsided,
it might be related to cortisol dysfunction,
as the chronic headaches stress the body to make cortisol and when they are gone it takes some time to go back to normal levels.
Also had numerous blood tests done all came normal
Gideon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote