View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 03:30 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Newbie with some Questions!

Hi, I am happy to have found this forum and I am hoping to get some more answers here then my family doctor has given me.

I am Zeara and I am 48 years,
I had a Mri of my pituitary gland and the findings were: multiple areas of increased FLAIR signal seen in the deep white matter of the centrum semiovale and corona radiata bilaterally. Additional change is seen in the region of the right basal ganglia. The number of lesions is greater than typically seen in a patient of this age. This may still be changes of aging and small vessel disease which are mildly more prominent in this patient than typical for age. The distribution of findings is not typical of multiple sclerosis. Numerous other causes for white matter disease are possible.

Now my family doctor tells me I am all fine and then sends me as I have extremly cold fingers, feet and nose & nerve issues ( over 4 years) due to a herniated disk, to a neurologist.
Should I worry, on her refferal she said MS.
I try to understand what I missed during our conversation but I can only come up with a cup of coffee :-)

Do let me know what you think as she could not explain to me what the FLAIR etc meant.
Zeara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (10-15-2018)