Thread: Extraction site
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 09:33 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Extraction site

Bryanna or anyone that can help...
I'm just had an extraction of tooth number 3 with a suspected vertical root fracture. I was put on amoxicillin but because of stomach issues I had to go off of it. I'm not sure I really needed it although there was an abscess on the X-ray. The oral surgeon took out my tooth on Tuesday. I am now post extraction 82 hours and wondering if I'm out of the woods for dry socket. The extraction site does not hurt but it looks more red than I remember it should look. My teeth are not very good because I grind my teeth terribly. I'm afraid to wear my mouth guard until this site heals up a little more. Is there anything I can do to keep it from getting infected? My stomach does not tolerate antibiotics and we are going on vacation in a couple days. Does it look OK or do I need to have another dentist look at it? My oral surgeon is on vacation right now. I've never had an upper tooth extracted so I don't know if this is normal but I just feel pressure in my sinus which I felt all along. The tooth gave me random pain for 6 months before I decided to have it out. I've had a root fracture before and I know the sensitivity to cold and the pain that it gives. This is the 4th root canaled molar I have lost in the last year and it is getting old. I was young and stupid and I've had 9 root canal so far. Any help would be awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Extraction site-resized_20181003_100233_5319-jpg   Extraction site-20181012_223135-jpg  
Mellymc22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote