View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 07:07 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Thank you, Bizi

Another night passed by without any issues
I don't think that the neighbors were even home.

I woke up at 6:30am yesterday, which is normal for me. I went grocery shopping the old-fashioned way. By the time I got home, I was spent. Corey told me that it looked like I was forcing myself to stay awake, and it "pained (him)" when he sees me like that, and told me to go to bed...
But I couldn't fall asleep even tho I was exhausted. I was fixating on the kidney function issue. I ended up taking a 1/2mg of Klonopin, and was able to sleep... for almost 3hrs.

I have been taking 2mg of Klonopin a day every day now. Usually I take 1. I was squirmy in the evening again, but it doesn't rise to the level of psycho-motor agitation, but I know the gabapentin increase isn't going to work this time.

Rolling around in bed unable to sleep served a purpose;
I've decided that even tho I want to have the surgery done ASAP, I have to get off the Vraylar, so hopefully my kidney function will rebound, or at least not get worse. It is ridiculous to continue to take a med that is causing my kidney function to decline significantly. I can't believe I would actually consider doing it.

And I need to be on a med that will work better for me. I will call and leave a message for my pdoc on Monday. I need to see her SOON. She's going to have to get creative, but she's good at that.

I can still schedule the surgery if that is okay with the surgeon, but I will need to schedule it out far enough out so that I have enough time to get stabilized on another med. It should be much easier with all the gabapentin I'm taking right now, which will probably have to be reduced. I need the benefit of an atypical antipsychotic more than the benefits of gabapentin.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-14-2018), Dmom3005 (10-14-2018), Mari (10-14-2018), mymorgy (10-14-2018)