View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 08:07 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Donna, I have been on Vraylar for a couple of months. Honestly I can't remember exactly how long. But I have chronic kidney disease (CKD) and am on the highest dose, so it may have started effected my kidneys pretty quickly. I just hadn't had a kidney panel drawn since July.

Like Dan, I have been on some meds that I have known right away that I should not continue to take. Latuda was one of them, and I ended up in the nut house after only a couple of days of taking it. But I haven't have any side effects while on Vraylar, aside from the decline in m kidney function.

If anyone from my doc's office called me back yesterday, I never got the message!!!

I am very anxious about the whole issue. I am worried about 1) being hypo and 2) getting off Vraylar because of my kidneys. So, this is driving me bat s- crazy.
I left my pdoc a message, this time on the "med line" to make sure she gets it... if she is even in the office today. If she isn't, hopefully the covering pdoc can find a note in my chart about what the message was- if one was even left. I worry that she wanted me to come in this morning, and I've missed the appointment because I never got the message.

Bizi, I think I've already said this, but because they Vraylar is causing my kidney function to decline, I have to stop taking it. Regardless of that, it's not working out because I'm hypo AGAIN even though I'm taking 800mg of gabapentin off-label now (which is ridiculous) to try to make it work.

Because I'm still having a hard time, I can't go without extra help (another atypical anti-psychotic, etc.), so the Vraylar has to be replaced with a different med, and maybe my gabapentin could be reduced slowly down to my regular "fighting dose" of 600mg, and I think that would change would be based on my level of sedation. That is what I want.

I'm hypo now, not manic, so hopefully it will be easier to transition to a new med. Also, when I start new meds, they don't really kick in until my pdoc raises my gabapentin. That won't be necessary now because I'm on such a high dose of it right now.

There are different options to replace it, but I would defer to my pdoc because she knows what she's doing. There are a lot of meds out there that I've never even heard of.

I really hope that my pdoc is in the office today, gets the message early, and I get the help I need really soon. I'm going to get in the shower so I will be ready in case I get called in for an appointment.

Oh! The secretary from my PCP's office emailed me yesterday... they JUST faxed my lab results to the surgeon in the morning. I'm PO'ed because they were available on Thursday
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-16-2018), Dmom3005 (10-16-2018), mymorgy (10-16-2018)