Thread: MS mischief
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 07:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default MS mischief

So I’ve decided to embrace some of the quirkier side of MS, those moments that probably would never come about if not for my having MS, and yet are the things that can give you something to laugh about for as long as you can remember them , and should you start to forget you know someone close to you will remind you about... that time.....

So the other night my wonderful DH decided it would be a great treat to dress up a bit and go out for a nice dinner. It’s been awhile, but I have new headphones to block all the little dings, clinks and various other obnoxious sounds one meets in a restaurant that for myself ends in a migraine and grated nerves. So off to the shower we go, and not only have I picked out a nice classy blouse to wear but I decide yeah I’m feeling great despite the warmer shower, let’s wear a bit of makeup.

Put on the moisturizer that acts as my foundation, a few pats of powder, a little swipe of blush, now on to the lips, now as most girls will know getting a nice lipstick comes from a good lip liner... what I accomplished with my shaky numb hand was not a good lip liner but hey that’s what make up remover and q tips are for, so after cleaning up the clown look, a few taps of the lipstick and no one would ever know. And I made a mental note to skip the eyeliner after that. So a few flicks of eyeshadow looking decently done enough, and then applied my lash ink, but hmmm the eyes are still missing something... eyeliner... what was I thinking putting the lash ink on first, and some might have already figured out roughly where the liquid eyeliner was going....

Yep directly stabbed into my tear duct. ... now that is not something q-tips and makeup remover can fix as I’m crying black tears out one eye, and it’s leaving a black stain from the lash ink that isn’t going to wash off for the next day or two. So I rinse out as much of the gunk as I can, leaving the tear duct clear but the eye looking like the nose of the clown whose lips I’d drawn earlier.

What’s a girl to do? My answer was to leave the black tear stain, slip on an eye patch and trade my nice blouse out for a striped t-shirt and a quick swap from a pretty pink lipstick to black.

And that is how MS mischief turned me into a goth pirate for a day . Dinner was still great and our waiter asked if my DH I are were enjoying getting ready for Halloween.