Thread: Spreading??
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 12:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana123 View Post
Saw PM today and she's upping my doses all the way around, including frequencies. Hopefully it will be helpful. She also mentioned I may be a candidate for a spinal cord stimulator but I'm hesitant to go that route. It freaks me out to have something implanted in my spine honestly and I'm hesitant to do anything that involves more invasive procedures since all of this originated from a surgery. I'm also going to a neurologist to do some nerve conduction studies to see if they can identify which nerves are the most impacted and maybe do a sympathetic nerve block, but same concerns from me.

Not really sure what the right answers are and the lack of concrete information makes it hard for me to make decisions. Anyone else suffer from analysis paralysis? Any thoughts or insights on the above options? I'm hoping med increases will be sufficient and it won't come to a SCS or block.
Anna, there is generally no lack of paralysis by analysis when it comes to CRPS! I did so much research on it when I first contracted it that I had to finally just stop for a while and went back to it at a more moderate pace later. So I get ya there!

I think slow and steady is the right pace for you which I see you are doing. The meds increase is for sure the first thing to try. Maybe if you increase the Lyrica you can get off of the hydrocodone, something I would want to eventually consider as IMHO, it's not a good CRPS long term med.

The stimulator is something to consider way, way down the line. Yes it works for some but certainly not for all. And there is even a chance of spread with the implantation of the device. So lots to think about there. I did try nerve blocks but they didn't help me at all. But they help some!

Best of luck to you, I really like your thought process so far. Stay the course and be sure to keep us updated; we're all in this together!
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
annabanana123 (10-17-2018)