View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 07:33 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Chat Question regarding striational antibody

Hey all,

Very happy to have found this website. I'm a 32 year old female, no kids, otherwise pretty healthy except for some current issues. I recently have been experiencing some weird neuropathy in my face and mostly my left arm and leg. Burning, tingling, joint pain. This all started after I had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy (non invasive gallbladder removal) in July of this year. I was fine after about a week but as I approached 1 month, dizziness, nausea and all the weird tingling came on along with severe fatigue after gardening one afternoon. I saw my GP who worked me up for ANA, Lyme, checked thyroid, basic met panel...all normal (although I do have a B12 deficiency and had a shot of it a few days prior, its been in the low 200s before). I even had an MRI done to check for a retained gallstone. Nothing.

Referred to ENT, who said it was migraines. Then referres to Neurology, who said it could be small fiber neuropathy based on my symptoms, my pupils, flushed skin that comes and goes and high flexibility in my wrists and fingers. I also have psoriasis and have had this for years. I'm going for a skin biopsy 10/24 but had blood work done 2 weeks ago. All has come back normal except high IGg, high cardiolipin, low vitamin D and most recently, a positive striational ab. The doctor usually sends a note with results but with the striational one she did not. However she said she wanted me to repeat labs because some was not resulted due to quantity. She actually told me initially she preferred to have me do blood work in her office because its so specific but I work in a hospital so I asked if I could do it there. She said fine but in the end, she was right lol (lesson learned).

So far what I know is she thinks I may have antiphospholipid syndrome, which could be causing the small fiber neuropathy. My question is why would the striational ab be positive but everything else negative? I researched that antibody and its mostly related to Myasthenia Gravis or a thymoma. But I don't have any facial drooping, I don't have that extreme fatigue (I went on vacation so I'm chalking that up to a stressful job and home life - mother in law lives with me, enough said lol), I feel pretty okay except for dizziness here and there, muscle twitching sometimes and some joint pain. Is it possible that the test wasn't done properly and it could be a false positive?

I appreciate any and all advice. Thank you!
Droffi627 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote