View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 04:10 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Mp after gallbladder surgery

So sorry to hear of your pain hali557,

To those MP sufferers following gallbladder surgery, here is another story.

I have been researching this condition ever since my friend came out of surgery for gallbladder removal on Sept. 5, 2018.
My friend woke up out of surgery with a numb right upper thigh. She immediately complained to the doctor who came to check on her that evening. His response was that it did not come from the surgery. She went into surgery, a healthy woman except for a bad gallbladder. She came out in severe burning pain, with numbness in her upper right thigh.
It truly sickens me to see her unable do accomplish her daily activities, unable to drive, and in constant pain. Her surgeon told her she should see a neurologist. She receive this directive from a phone call originating from a restricted line. She received no follow up phone calls, and no referrals. She had to find a neurologist on her own.
The neurologist's first comment was "I wonder how he had you laying on the table?" She ordered the medical records, and prescribed a pain relieve medicated patch for her thigh. We are still waiting for the records to be sent to her.
The surgeon refuses to admit that MP can result from gallbladder surgery. He insists that in his practice he has only seen it in Bariatric surgery. When she told him of her research, and findings proving that this can occur, he then admitted that he had seen the three incidents we found. Now, however, he wants her to send him links to all her findings.
I am pleading with those professionals in the neurological field to please conduct some research and publish more literature on this subject. Whether is happens due to the use of some surgical equipment, or the position of the patient; some follow up treatment to correct this condition should be put in place if and when it occurs.
ce1914 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote