View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 10:03 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpire View Post
I live in HK and I noticed my depressions always got worse in Spring of every year and I heard that the air pressures in Spring was not stable, so I bought a barometer connected to a computer in Feb 2016. I plotted the air pressure daily and noticed that every day, the air pressure follows a sinuous curve (falls around midnight and go up again at around 5am and down again at 10am and then up again at 5pm)
Whenever the air pressure stays below 1008 hPa for several hours or the air pressure falls from its intraday high for more than 4 hPa or the fall is too rapid, my depression got worse (feeling very low in energy, want to lie down without stamina.I will feel very sleepy and have more bad dreams. I will also be more irritable). I am sharing my experience here, hoping to find other depression patients to reconfirm my findings. If the low pressure worsens my depression, I guess it is because it lowers the saturation of oxygen in air, so I am currently taking some high altitude medicine to boost the oxygen saturation in my blood. It might be working so far but I need more time to reconfirm its efficacy. Pls share you experience if any.
I have symptoms of low mood and energy, irritability, fog brain when pressure drops below 30. Did the high altitude medicine help?
BaroMeter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote