Thread: MS mischief
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 12:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Memory is a thing, made worse when your immune system is eating your brain. I’ve never had the best short term memory, and after last night it is a small wonder my house is still standing. Now normally because of my squirrelly brain I am not allowed to cook, my DH does the cooking, but he worked really late and was very sore owing to a fall from an attic at work. So with him home he decided I could handle boiling water on the stove for some pasta for dinner.

So I filled the pot with water, added some salt and turned on the burner. As they say a watched pot doesn’t boil, so I sat down in the living room, and completely forgot I was boiling water, my DH exhausted from work had fallen alseep in his chair watching tv, and I sat there with a grumbling stomach not wanting to disturb him to make us dinner all the while the pot on the stove was boiling away losing more than 3/4s of it’s water before the DH woke up, apologized for sleeping and asked if I put away his pasta.

What pasta???... eek... well at least we caught it before all the water was gone. So I decide ok... pasta is out now, I know I’ll make up a frozen pizza, after all our oven has an annoying beep after it preheats... that will tell me I’m good to go, right! Well no... I had zoned out and completely missed the beep, so my oven was preheated for almost 2 hours before the DH questioned me again about dinner.... what dinner??? We didn’t eat dinner??? (by now my stomach had given up the ghost of it ever getting food again...)

DH reminded me I was making pizzas... eeeeek... I open the oven door to a billow of smoke as one of our cast iron pans was still in there after getting seasoned. Thankfully there was no flames, so I pulled out the pan got the pizzas into the oven and set the timer on the oven, the microwave, the fridge, my phone and set timers to go off on our Alexa dots.

When the pizzas were done it was loud in the house with all the alarms going off, but they were cooked right

Needless to say, DH has once more enacted a cooking ban on me and is questioning the safety of my making toast even