View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 02:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I'm sorry you're suffering and conventional medicine hasn't been able to help so far. I'm in the same boat.

You raise a number of issues here. I'll try to address some of them and hope that helps.

First off, you will need to experiment yourself, since no one else can tell you what is helping or harming you except you, to the extent that that's possible, to the extent that you feel it. Cannabis might be making things worse for you, but only you can tell, and after some experimentation with dosage, strains and methods of administration.

Cannabis is very diverse and each strain has a variety of phytochemicals. Some strains are terrible for me, others work magic. Some make my symptoms worse because of the combination and/or ratios of cannabinoids and terpenes, others relieve them and give me great comfort. If you're using dry flower that's easy to know, but each oil or edible is also made from some specific flower with specific ratios and kinds of a variety of phytochemicals.

You're using 1:20 THC to CBD, so you might need to change that ratio, or maybe try another oil from another plant with other terpenes than the one you're using. You might increase the THC, or you might even try CBD isolate since THC and other cannabinoids could be what is causing you problems.

Regarding dosage, 5 mg is very low. In studies the doses administered are usually hundreds of mg for human adults. Sublingual is a good method of administration for bioavailability.

Hopefully this answers some of your questions.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote