View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 08:02 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Unhappy Sudden jolt from involuntary back jerk

So I was sitting on a chair in class with an arched back and looking forward. I wanted to straighten my back, but suddenly before that, my back did so involuntarily in a jerky motion.

I experienced some jolt on my head due to this. I'm not worried about concussion, since I don't have any such symptoms, but I do feel a little pain/tingling on the top of my head, especially when I press it (no tenderness, just a weird tingle/wave like thing).

However, I think the force generated from twitching of back muscles traveled through my spine and into my head and caused a sub-concussive impact to my brain.

My head didn't strike anything during this, but the motion of the back was quite sudden and the jolt was also unpleasant. I have no history of concussion. I also don't play any contact sports etc.

I have previously had this jerky/twitchy motion in my neck, but it was less unpleasant. I also read online that neck muscles were not able to generate enough force, but since back muscles are stronger than neck muscles, I'm not sure here.

So can this cause a sub-concussive impact?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Deepmind is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote