View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 10:10 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi All,

Just wanted to check in to share some developments to which seem to be helping with my pain. I recently changed my eating habits. I never was much of a diet person, drinking always got in the way, but I was for the most part in the past 6 months eating healthy in my eyes. I figured I could lose some weight and that could help so a friend suggested a Keto diet or Keto esque diet which included reducing carb and sugar intake. I dropped a few pounds right away and figured wow this is helping but the more I thought about it I felt it had to be more than just the weight.

After reaching out to folks on reddit in the Neuropathy subreddit, it has been suggested that the reduction in sugar and carbs could be directly related to the reduced pain I am experiencing. Much more so than any therapy or medication I have tried over the past 2.5 + years.

I dont know the science behind it fully, but there seems to be a consistent trend in it helping other people out there who have neuropathy pain from diabetes. And it seems like this could be helpful because that condition requires strict eating habits and people practicing them seem to be on top of their sh** with understanding what helps and hurts them. I will continue to pass along any helpful info. Maybe this has been discussed in previous discussions but I either forgot it was or missed it. Hope everyone is doing well.
On_A_Freeway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (12-08-2018)