View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 10:03 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Concentration/percentage is a variable too

Thank you for this thread, which has prompted me to experiment again with CBD.

I've tried a number of different CBD/Hemp oil products and have been mostly disappointed (as in no benefit seen despite hundreds of dollars spent). However, I'm trying again, with higher doses in mind.

(GENETICS
I suspect genetics may play a role in sensitivity to CBD; for example, the 23&me test has some cannabinoid receptors tested for polymorphisms; but I've never seen genetics mentioned in any discussions or studies of CBD use).

DOSE
As other posts mention, some suggest the dose of 5mg for every 10lb (or, 1/2 your weight in miligrams).

CONCENTRATION
However, dosing is not so simple, as different products have different "percentages" (of CBD, CBDa, other stuff...).

For example, an Endoca oil looks appealing (organic, high 15%, etc.).
(I can't post the link yet...)

BUT, if I go for that 90mg daily dose, this $130 bottle will last me 16 days, costing about $8 per day (1500 mg / 90 mg/day = 16.67 days. $130 / 16.67 days = $7.79)

Not COMPLAINING (I'd rather put this stuff in my mouth than Lyrica, etc.), but just pointing out an example of the costs involved here, and the complicating factor of concentration.

Most of the CBD options out there are way over-priced. It's the Wild West with the cannabis industry, and greed and fraud are everywhere.

It seems it may take a while to titrate up (at least for me--I guess I was trying with far too little before) and figure out a useful dose.

(One more opinion: watch out for the miracle stories--"one drop and all my pain was GONE!"--they're likely B.S. and irrelevant to anyone else's experience.)
PNFUN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote