View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 10:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNFUN View Post
Thank you for this thread, which has prompted me to experiment again with CBD.

I've tried a number of different CBD/Hemp oil products and have been mostly disappointed (as in no benefit seen despite hundreds of dollars spent). However, I'm trying again, with higher doses in mind.

(GENETICS
I suspect genetics may play a role in sensitivity to CBD; for example, the 23&me test has some cannabinoid receptors tested for polymorphisms; but I've never seen genetics mentioned in any discussions or studies of CBD use).

DOSE
As other posts mention, some suggest the dose of 5mg for every 10lb (or, 1/2 your weight in miligrams).

CONCENTRATION
However, dosing is not so simple, as different products have different "percentages" (of CBD, CBDa, other stuff...).

For example, an Endoca oil looks appealing (organic, high 15%, etc.).
(I can't post the link yet...)

BUT, if I go for that 90mg daily dose, this $130 bottle will last me 16 days, costing about $8 per day (1500 mg / 90 mg/day = 16.67 days. $130 / 16.67 days = $7.79)

Not COMPLAINING (I'd rather put this stuff in my mouth than Lyrica, etc.), but just pointing out an example of the costs involved here, and the complicating factor of concentration.

Most of the CBD options out there are way over-priced. It's the Wild West with the cannabis industry, and greed and fraud are everywhere.

It seems it may take a while to titrate up (at least for me--I guess I was trying with far too little before) and figure out a useful dose.

(One more opinion: watch out for the miracle stories--"one drop and all my pain was GONE!"--they're likely B.S. and irrelevant to anyone else's experience.)

If you read my post just above yours, you can learn about my initial experience using the "Full-Spectrum" CBD oil offered by the company "Fully Activated".

They seem to offer a good product, which "DAVIDHC" here on the forum agrees with (and he knows Nick, who owns the company and was a wealth of information when I called).

Regarding dose, like you it was suggested using a dosage in milligrams that is one-half my body weight. As I weigh 180 pounds, I thus started with 90 milligrams of the CBD oil in capsule form daily.

I started my test with CBD five days ago, and took a 60 mg capsule at bedtime and 30 mg capsule mid-day each day.

Unfortunately, I did not notice any pain relief, but rather developed a pretty bad headache by the third day (dosing at 90 mg daily) that was uncomfortable enough to stop the CBD.

I even seemed to have an enhancement of all of my body-wide pain, too!

I then stopped the capsules two days ago, and within 24-hours (yesterday) my headache was much better.

I am now waiting for feedback from "DAVIDHC" here on the forum, and will also call Nick at "Fully-Activated" on Monday for his feedback.

David
Apollo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote