View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 09:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
There's lots on here and unfortunately I don't have time to get into lots of details. But I'll make a few points and maybe they'll be helpful to you both.

For starters, I'm glad you're both experimenting. Cannabis is not a monolith and each strain is unique, this includes full spectrum products, each of which contains different ratios and kinds of cannabinoids and terpenes. If one doesn't work or doesn't give you the benefits you like, it doesn't mean they all won't work.

Price is really an issue, and so too is greed. There are companies that have compassionate pricing and then there is isolate. CBD isolate can get pretty cheap, as low as $10-15 per gram if you purchase larger quantities. I use isolate for this reason.

Dosage is complicated and everyone is different. There are some studies and everyone has an opinion. Ultimately you have to find what works for you. The dosage recommendations in the few studies out there are extremely high I find, partly because they focus on oral administration and that has reduced bioavailability, but I also can't speak to the quality of the CBD they're using. Scientific research into CBD is highly limited at this point but is increasing.

David, to your particular experience, it's not abnormal to experience headaches. I would do two things, decrease my dose and see how that goes, maybe even starting at a much lower dose and slowly working up. And second, I would try CBD isolate. You can try other full spectrum products too, but try isolate for sure and see how that goes. I know quite a few people who don't do well with full spectrum but thrive on isolate. You see, what you're taking has many different phytochemicals in it so there's no way to tell what the problem is. If you want to know whether CBD itself works for you, you will need to try isolate. Like I have said, I can't tolerate full spectrum myself when it comes to hemp and even most strains of MJ, but I do great when it comes to CBD isolate.

Many thanks for your insights, David, and I will consider your suggestion regarding using "Isolate" (instead of my current "Full-Spectrum") after I talk with Nick on Monday.

However, from what I have read, it sure sounds like the "full-spectrum" provides the synergistic balance of compounds that really make CBD work.

So, do I try "Isolate" at 90 mgs per day, or stick with my current "full-spectrum" but at a lower dose? And, if a lower dose, then what dose?

It is never easy (grin)!

Again, David, thank you!

David
Apollo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote