Thread: MS mischief
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 11:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sometimes even the DH can be slow to learn from history... a few months back he came home from work with his watch broken, decided we would run down and get him a new one. It took, according to him, ten conversations about why we were going to the store before I finally stopped having the same conversation with him. And still I forgot once we were in the store as to why we were there. Granted that was a bit more extreme forgetfulness owing to having just woken up when he came home from lying down with a mother of all migraines, so the brain really was more dazed than usual, but still my memory, particularly in the short term is crap.

So this afternoon we decided to go food shopping, now I always have a list, it’s very important when you can’t even remember which aisle you just came out of, and I always hand my list to the DH as I can’t be trusted. And the DH always reads the list as he is the one who can remember things. It is a system that works, until today when the DH decided he “knew” what we needed from the store and didn’t need the list. He rattled off what he thought was a simple enough list, as it was only a few items we needed.

We got to the store and he turned to me to verify his list... uh, sure.... and asked me the whole time could I think of anything else... Nope... so what should have been a 20 minutes at best shopping trip, became an hour and a half, and what should have been a $50, trip became a $200 trip and when we got home we still hadn’t bought a single thing from the “list” that we needed including the all important toilet paper .

In conclusion if you have a system that works... DONT mess with it