View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 03:41 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMac View Post
Greetings,

I've recently been diagnosed with MG. Honestly my neurologist is still a bit skeptical because I tested negative for AChr antibodies and the symptoms came on after a bad concussion. However, my response to Mestinon is like night and day for resolving double vision, tension headaches, and overall fatigue.

My question is how much variability is "normal?" The double vision is fairly consistent but other muscles seem to vary greatly from day to day. Some days it's my legs, others my arms, and recently breathing which eventually passed. I understand it can vary, but I guess I expected that at least which muscles would be affected would be somewhat consistent.

Does anyone else experience MG this way or should I be considering asking the Dr. about other Dx?

Thanks, Lee
Hi Lee, please feel free to read my introduction post on this thread. I am triple seronegative, but also find it's night and day with mestinon. Get a Single Fiber Electromyelogram (SFEMG) test done. It is considered the gold standard for MG for those who are seronegative. You should also get tested for LRP4 which is the latest antibody discovered to cause MG. Unfortunately, there are likely MANY antibodies that cause MG, but we only have tests for 3. If you are like me and test negative for LRP4, welcome to the small club.
aielwen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote