Thread: very frustrated
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 09:54 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Worker’s Comp is a fine system for short term issues, but long term you really cannot imagine what it is like until you are in it. I have had 3 IMEs this year, the first 2 by a doctor who opined I could work more hours than I worked before I was injured, before I had CRPS in all 4 limbs. Fortunately the 3rd doctor's report was in line with the other 5 doctors I see. Yet, there was a suggestion that maybe I should see yet another doctor just to be sure. Doctor shopping is more important than patient care.

The best thing I did was opt for the most expensive insurance. It did not get me super CRPS care, because I don’t think there is any, we are orphans, but it did give me more ears to hear me and more hands to write down what I was saying.

Self-care has been my best care. Resting with my legs elevated. Taking care of a oroboem immediately. If your limb gets too bloated, you need to address it. Do not wait. Your lymph may never recover. Going to a pool to exercise if you can helps with the lymph. If the pool is too cold, buy a rash guard or a short wet suit. Use flotation devices to help yourself relax and do neural unloading in the pool.

If you have money pay for lymph drainage. If you are like me and cannot afford this luxury diy it with you tube videos.

Constantly slather your skin with coconut oil.

Keep a humidifier running in the winter.

Use a pariffin wax machine if you can stand it on your hands and feet.

Use a mini trampoline, it builds bone and mives the lymph and it inlybrequires short bursts.

Wear gloves. I get the texting gloves at the dollar store. I can no longer use a computer, but I can use an ipad for a short time, the gloves help.

I keep a heap of ice packs from the dollar store in my lower freezer bin. They are great to lower the temp fast around me.

I keep heating pads everywhere. And heated blankets, too. Hats hold heat, too

Stimulate your vagas nerve daily, look at You Tube videos for this.

Beef up all your drinks, add collagen, vitamin c, magnesium, coconut aminos,

Make everything you do count for 3 when you are on your feet and feeling fine. Shop with a list. Order online.

I empty my dishwasher only sometimes in chunks. First the top which I leave on the counter. I go back later and put the glasses away. Then if I can in an hour I put the silverware away. Finally, in another hour the dishes.

I shower only 2x a week. I literally cannot do more. It is too much. I need my energy to go to the gym to ride a recumbent bike and exercise in the pool. My entire life is devoted to resting and surviving this.

Please forgive my typos I’ve not got the energy to go back to fix them. I lost a tooth last week and maybe losing another, due to clenching from anxiety, so I am terribly beat, plus my migraines are back with a vengeance.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (10-29-2018), snowy (11-08-2018)