Thread: Abilify
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 06:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My doc..

is phasing it in over the next month. I'm only taking 10 mg. for this week. Next week, will be on 20 mg. for 2 weeks. Then, up to 30 mg. and will stay there. I am supposed to be phasing out the risperdal at the same time. Lessening doses each week for the next month while the abilify is building up. Cross-tapering they call it. However, I've reached my coverage limit on my medicare part D the prescription coverage. Now, I have to pay full price for all prescriptions. My pdoc said if I can't get the risperdal, just go ahead and take the samples of the abilify how he said--building up slowly. He said I might have some symptoms though. I really hope not. I do feel different already. I'm going to apply for a medical card from the state on Mon. I don't even know how much my prescription for abilify will cost. Hundreds of dollars a month I'm sure. Aren't they all? When they told me $445.00 for the risperdal at the pharmacy a couple of days ago, I nearly hit the floor! When it was covered, I only paid like $3.00 per month for it. I didn't even want this stupid part D coverage. They signed me up for it automatically. Last year, it was great, but this, really throws a monkey wrench into things. I sure hope things don't get as bad as they were a few months ago with the symptoms. I had finally started feeling like myself again. Pray for me.

peace and love
Cgirl