View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 07:21 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by floating View Post
Hi,
I'm new here...

I was diagnosed with a mild concussion last month from something falling on my head. It's been over a month and I haven't come down from that "brain fog" feeling yet. This has really been unique and I've been struggling and I'm amazed at how many people are also. So, I'm here for some support...

I had to take a little time from work and I've been sleeping a lot and drinking water as advised. I have been doing nearly nothing on weekends, just meditating and stretching to rest up for the week. I'm not getting much done at all...this has been a big set back.

I went to see a Neurologist and they didn't recommend the CT scan as there is too much radiation. They suggested I take
Co-Q 10, rest and wait it out...

I still feel like I'm "fighting something" almost like a sinus infection or cold when I go into work and I don't feel like myself (in a bubble of some sort). I really have a hard time with the computer as I stare at the screen for 8 hours with no variation with my work. I got a doctor's note for breaks.

Does anyone have similar experiences or tips?
I was told the same thing, that I had a "mild" concussion. And I still have significant issues 10 months later.

Clearly your injury wasn't mild. Mild is just the term they use when you haven't been in a coma and aren't having extremely severe issues.

That said, 90% of people fully recover within the first three months, so don't get too stressed at this point.

The #1 thing that can help you, in addition to rest, is daily exercise. Google the Buffalo Protocol and read about it. Basically you should do 20 mins/day on the treadmill, at a heart rate at 80% below the threshold that causes a 3-point spike, on a 0-10 scale, of your symptoms.

In addition to that, take vitamin supplements. Read the sticky. Magnesium, fish oil, and B vitamins especially.

Go to a concussion clinic, and get assessed for potential vestibular or visual issues. Because if they find something, you want to start physio for that ASAP.
MrT-Man is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
floating (11-08-2018)