View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 12:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hernia operation and RSD.

I've had RSD for 20 years and with medications and change in life style it has become almost tolerable. Really I have a pretty good life. I can still work one handed and am doing research that is very important to me. I have family nearby and can still enjoy helping them and visiting. My primary problems are fear and fear of returning uncontrollable pain.

I've acquired an inguinal hernia which has severely crimped my lifestyle and made a lot of work impossible or impossibly difficult. I'm not doing much with my left hand but it's still inconvenient to hold myself together while doing anything.

My primary goal is, I guess, is to never to need to stop pain with final measures. I'm getting a little older and would greatly prefer a more natural exit. Anything else would cause far too much mental pain.

Obviously I need a good surgeon if I do it and an epidural. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The pain from the hernia is nothing notable so long as I keep it reduced. It's very uncomfortable when things come out or go back in.

Thanks in advance.
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote