View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 03:09 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoginiM View Post
Hi all. I had a traumatic brain injury with loss of consciousness for a day or so. My injury is worsened by damage to nerves in the accident (severed branch of trigeminal nerve). I was a hot yoga practitioner before the accident. Now, I find exercise intolerance to be debilitating. When the room in yoga is cooler , maybe 105 degrees, I can function but higher than that, I seem to be unable to regulate and my heart races. My pain is constant 24/7 and I manage with cannabinoids and Tylenol to keep working. There is numbness from neuropathy, but the feeling like my brain is swollen is debilitating and can easily get worse if I try to do full expression of yoga. My brain pain feels like someone is wearing cleats and pushing against my forehead from inside. This is most of the time. When I overdo, add the feeling like my head is wrapped in a rubber band and pulled back in a slingshot at the same time. Hyperbaric Oxygen sounds interesting but I am losing my job and insurance. Is it expensive? Are the results fleeting? Please let me know. So many days, it is hard to even lift my head from a pillow. It feels heavy. There are other problems classic for the persistent post infusion syndrome. Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have had a similar problem to you. Same exercise intolerance and facial numbness (trigem8nal nerve). Also coincidentally lost all my muscle weight after the Injury(believed to be temporary pituitary damage) and cannot exercise to try to put it back on. Be very careful not to hit your head on anything or else you will just get worse and relapse. Try the buffalo protocal to help return to exercise, it worked for me in the past, but rlepased after a minor head bump. Ive had success with vitamin b, exogenous ketones, and a super expensive supplement called cover three (has made it worth it though). You may even have to start the protocal with a simple exercise bike and keep your heart rate below headache threshold.
swampmonster14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
YoginiM (11-09-2018)