View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 09:06 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Saying hello, looking for help

Friendly hello @ all!

me, male, 33, celiac, since 2014 neurological problems: walking issues (gait problems), pain/parasthesia sensations in the face and burning/stinging pain in my hands from the wrist up. Also having orthostatic problems.

Spent a fortune on different doctors, lots of neurologists, got misdiagnosed quite often, psychosomatic is one of my favorites "just in your head"..probably many people here know what I'm talking about

had a lumbal puncture last year, complications were a liqor leak & thrombosis in the brain at least the didn't find anything in the liquor..

recently non length dependent small fiber neuropathy diagnosed (skin biopsy), fabry was negative (enzyme levels barely normal)

that leaves me, 33, unable to work full time (barely managing the current work load), pain getting worse despite taking 400mg Pregabalin (Lyrica) a day. next step probably ivIG...?

I hope to find some friendly people here with similar problems, maybe life will get a little easier if you don't have the feeling to be totally alone with your illness

thanks
Franz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote