View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 09:29 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Hi, I am new here. I also suffer from SFN (non length dependent) with extreme pain in my hands, fingers starting from my wrists (especially in this region the pain is sometimes unbearable)

Before the illness, I was usually running ten km every day. When my health issues started I tried to continue it until last year. I tried to run at least 5km a day. Additionally I was always working out in the gym, which I also tried to continue as good as I could.

After I was hospitalized last year after a (botched) lumbal puncture, resulting into a sinus venous thrombosis, I stopped running. I tried it after that couple times, but my pain in my hands worsened every time (I think the movement of the arms did it!). Nowadays even using my phone or typing result in increased pain. So I changed to cardio on my stationary bike, which frankly sucks.

As for working out in the gym: you can imagine with pain in my hands, it's almost impossible. I try to be extra careful, use extremely ridiculous low weights, but still the pain intensifies.
As for my gait problems and my pain sensations in my face, after worrking out (usually the day after) it gets worse too - although not immediately like with the hands.

To summarize: I love working out but it is getting more and more difficult and aggrevates my pain significantly..
Franz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (11-11-2018)