View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 10:06 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I only met with an RN and had blood work yesterday. No EKG or chest X-Ray.

The RN spent most of the time going over my meds and medical/surgical history. I told her about my abnormal EKG, but also told her about the normal halter monitor, echo, and stress test. She's going to request copies of those reports from my local hospital, and should have no trouble getting them. I hope they don't want another EKG from me. I should have just had her have one done JIK so I'm not running around trying to get one done later.
I didn't feel dehydrated yesterday, but was still retaining fluid from taking mag. citrate from Saturday night. I hope that didn't effect any of the labs. I gained 3lbs, and I just started peeing like I should be this morning.

Then she went over a bunch of directions for the prep for surgery. She gave me protein shakes to drink 3 times a day for 5 days before I switch to clear liquids the day before surgery, and gave me directions about the last shower I take before the surgery. Thank God I don't have to use the special cleanser on my face or lady parts.

She was no help when it came to bowel prep or scheduling laxation leading up to surgery, so I'm on my own there. I'm going to have to be very careful to avoid dehydration, so I will plan carefully for that. I will have to take a look at my calendar and start making decisions about that very soon.

She said that she's supposed to tell everyone no nail polish at all, but women show up with it all the time, and its no big deal. I may just get a French manicure so they can see my nail beds. IDK, but I WILL get my nails done!!!

There are a lot of specific instructions that will be easier to follow if I write them down in my trusty little notebook, so I'll definitely be doing that.

I still remain worried about the EKG. If they do want one, they will have to settle for one from somewhere local because I am NOT driving into Boston to have one done. I hope the phone doesn't ring today. That would mean everything came out okay, and at least for now, they don't want anything else from me.

The walking entrance/exit to the garage we parked in was like a ski slope. It took me ten minutes to walk up it onto the street. I was leaning on the wall on the way back to the car because the walkway was too narrow for Corey to hold onto my arm, so he walked in front of me in case I fell forward. I didn't notice a huge pipe overhead, and I hit the top of my head HARD on it, so now I have a concussion and a massive headache... I am forever hitting my head. At least I feel better today than I did yesterday. We will be parking in a different garage the day of surgery.

It was a long day. When we got home I went right to bed and slept for about 3 hours. I think I made it until 9:30 before I fell asleep on the couch again.

It's raining cats and dogs out, and I have to go to the dispensary to buy more medical MJ because I don't even have enough for tonight. I'm not going to buy the stuff that keeps making me fall asleep on the couch.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-13-2018), Dmom3005 (11-13-2018), mymorgy (11-13-2018)