View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 07:29 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchgrl View Post
Thanks for sharing Anna. I’m sorry about your diagnosis as well. That must be so hard with kids!

I have a few questions for you or anybody else who can answer them. You mentioned IVIG treatment. One of the things I’ve wondered about and have on my list of questions for the neuro, is how often they can do IVIG. Do they only do it if you are in crisis mode, or in my case, before a surgery? I’ve tried to research this, and I seem to find different answers which just confuse me more. (Not to mention I can only stay on the computer for so long before I get nauseous because of my eyes, ugh!) I mean do they ever do infusions as a standard treatment every few months or so to re-energize you?

Also, you mentioned an MG clinic, where is that and what do they do there?

You and Annie have definitely convinced me to ask my doctor about taking the pyridostigmine more often but maybe in smaller doses. He hasn’t mentioned any other medications to try yet, but I’m sure when I see him Thursday and he sees how I’m doing with current meds and dosages I’ll find out more.

Thank you again!
Kristi

I have set some “goals” for my husband and I to look forward to in up the upcoming coming months. First, we usually spend the winter in Florida. In fact, we would already be there if this hadn’t happened. My goal is to go after the first of the year. My neurologist already said I could get a neuro there, and maybe they could work together. I’ve planned other simple things like a concert in April, and big things like a cruise next summer. Of course everything is refundable. I’m happy you are able to do your photography again. (The photo is beautiful)
They generally try IVIG after other treatments fail to work. The number of failed treatments required will depend on insurance.
The standard for IVIG is once a month according to the providers I currently have. But for some people, it starts to wear off sooner and they go to every 3 weeks. I am in pretty bad shape today and I am due for another infusion in 5 days. However, they will want me to have a few more infusions to establish proof that I need them more often. (To show it is not a coincidence.)
My infusions take 4 hours, two days in a row. Most people only spend 3 hours there but they have to infuse me more slowly or my blood pressure drops.

I will write more later. My arms are getting floppy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Mikanro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote