View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 03:38 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi Guys,

It's been awhile since I posted! And I had an incident occur recently which made me think to post...

I'm almost 2 years sober, dropped 24kg, my life is going so much better (not perfect, but better). The one reminder I have of my previous bad living is occaional neuropathy. I have identified very clear signs in my own experience, which I've touched upon a few times. But now it's very clear.

If I take supplementation aimed at helping myelin regeneration and general health; drink exclusively water and eat a Keto diet - I have no symptoms of neuropathy. Supplement wise, I effectively just follow this website - 27 Proven Ways to Promote the Regeneration of Myelin — Optimal Living Dynamics. In addition to everything in that list, I've found CBD Oil to be very helpful.

Negative Triggers:
aspartame is a huge trigger for me. Recently I thought that I had 'fully repaired' myself...began drinking a few diet cokes a day, chewing gum and my limbs started to burn!
Excess cafeeine. I can seem to drink tea, but coffee will cause numbness and burning.
I don't drink any form of alcohol but I'm guessing so.
Painkillers - I have noticed a correlation between these too.
Excess sugar causes me to feel numbness but it's fleeting.
Cold weather - I run a lot now...I find it's a huge help for everything. I LOVE the feeling of running a marathon, recently completed one in 3 hours 27 mins. I remember struggling to put my own shoes on! But...the cold weather really does make my symptoms worse...my legs become very numb in the cold.

A friend sent me this about the affect of aspartame on the nervous system - Effect of long term-administration of aspartame on the ultrastructure of sciatic nerve - ScienceDirect

I just thought I'd share and see if this could help anyone. If I regularly drank coffee and had aspartame based drinks...I'd be in constant pain and would most likely be unable to run. Maybe these are specific to me....and the only thing you can take from it is that there could be 1 or 2 factors in your diet aggravating your systems, or maybe the aim is to help regrow the myelin covers and anything which is negative to that should be avoided.

Has anyone tried / asked about / been prescribed Growth Hormone?
10decisions is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-07-2019), PamelaJune (12-08-2018)