View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 01:15 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfeather View Post
For clarification, my Neuro had mentioned the DBS subject to me about a year ago. At that time I really didn't give it much consideration. My progression has worsened in the last year and my level of discomfort has increased. DBS may be the only way I can regain some semblance of a normal life. If I wait much longer to have the DBS surgery, it may be harder on me physically. My Neuro says there is no waiting period other than the evaluation and that I could be scheduled for DBS IN January. Lots to think about. Thanks Soccertese
the boston product is fairly new but it must have a good track record and be better than medtronics, otherwise why would any neurosurgeon take the risk of using new tech? did you ask them about why boston and how it is superior to medtronics, how many they've done and can you contact anyone who's gotten a boston DBS? DOES it have the rechargeable battery option? fwiw, the testing wasn't that bad, and i must have had an adrenaline rush cuz when i tested the movement part off meds i had a very low UPRDS score so i was worried i might not qualify but my neuro had seen me often enough to know i normally don't score that low.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eds195 (11-21-2018)