View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 06:34 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default head sensitivity improving

Hi,
I am 2.5 years in since my concussion. I too have bumped my head and had a resulting symptom spike numerous times since then. I do not believe it is anxiety induced. The first time I bumped it with my thumb knuckles when pulling my shirt over my head, I didn't really acknowledge the rap as it seemed like nothing, so no anxiety, then stepped out my camper door and felt nautious because the forest was spinning. Symptoms spiked and settled down after 1-2 weeks. Same situation other times. Bump head - only sometimes resulting in intense anxiety, symptoms spiked for anywhere from 3days to 3 weeks. I used to be very sensitive, but that sensitivity has decreased over time as I heal in general. This past summer I clocked my forehead with a metal tool, and the symptom spike was very minor. I know I've seen a lot on this chat about bump sensitivity, so it's quite common, I find it very hard to accept that it's all anxiety/ptsd response.

So be encouraged, it improves, along with a decrease in symptoms. Having said that, I am still quite aware of my surroundings and very cautious. My days of playing ice hockey are over.
Canuck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote