View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 09:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused QME and medical records question

So I have my first (and only??) QME visit coming up and I noticed that my medical records that my WC people sent me and to the QME are incomplete. Here is the conversation I had with my adjustor about this:
wc : Well that's what we received. Anything more than what we have is up to you to get if you want the QME to see those records.
me : Ok. How about the 13 visits of PT I had? Those aren't included at all in the records...
wc : Yeah, those aren't usually looked at by the QME. Its only doctors records they focus on.
me: Really?
wc : Yes.
me : Ok- I'll get my missing records. Should I get them all to the doctor before my exam?
wc : No that's not necessary. As long as they have them it will be fine.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ok guys, is this a load of crap or not? I am annoyed that he put this on ME. But the real questions are:
1. Aren't the Physical Therapy records important in a WC case??
2. Isn't it most beneficial for the examining doctor to get them ahead of time? Its 6 regular visits, a EMG test and 13 PT visits that are missing from the history of this WC claim. That's a lot!!

I will be running all over town to get the missing reports and faxing them into the QME office all the same. I just wanted to see if I am being hostile here or if what my adjustor said was wrong.
Many thanks!!
thursday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote