View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 09:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi...I'm searching for answers

I view another board pretty frequently and this one was recommended for neuro issues.

I had 2 level ACDF on C5/6 & 6/7 on Jan 2nd of this year. My recovery was moving along quite nicely, until about April. I developed L'Hermitte's sign, and was having a hard time walking for exercise. It's gotten worse: I can't walk more than a few blocks, and my legs feel like rubber, my feet burn and hurt almost all the time now. The L'Hermitte's has faded, but I believe that the Trileptal I'm using for nerve pain has helped with that. Now I am experiencing numbness in my chin. I have had MRIs of my entire back, Evoked Response Potential Tests, and a myleogram. The NS says my neck is fine, my neurologist feels it's time for me to go to Mayo Clinic, since the chin numbness cannot be related to my neck surgery. I did have some delay between my feet and brain when the ERPT was done. Both the auditory and visual tests were good, so my neuro says he doesn't think it's MS.

OK, SO WHAT IS IT THEN?! I'm tired of hurting all the time. I'm crabby and find myself not wanting to go places because I won't be able to make myself comfortable.

I know I haven't suffered as long as some, but until a year ago, I could pretty much do anything I wanted. I'm 45, and after my neck surgery, when I started feeling better, my goal was to get in tip top shape before I turned 50! Now I feel like I'm 70, going on 80!

My frustration level is high, as is my anxiety level. I googled "numb chin" last night, and raise my anxiety level a few notches - there wasn't much good to be said about having a numb chin!!

I just need to vent - thanks in advance to anyone who might read and respond.

-Julie
julieleaps is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote