View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 12:41 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Holden View Post
This past September 13th I had a discectomy at L5-S1; it was successful and I was feeling great. A week later I was in the ER with sepsis, C. Difficile, and, what was finally diagnosed on September 30th, CRPS. It is affecting my left foot. The neurosurgeon who did the discectomy is treating me; he believes it was his surgery that triggered the CRPS. He has me on Lyrica and he has arranged with the Pain Center at the hospital for me to get a "series" of nerve blocks. I found out a "series" is three. The first was on November 1. To answer your question, I'm doubting you can go back to work in the afternoon. The hospital required me to have a ride home. The procedure was scheduled for a half hour, but you know darn well that with check-in etc, you'll be there longer. I was not sedated; I was prepped with antiseptic and then the doctor administered Lidocaine to numb the area and then "the shot". While I knew something was going on back there, it really didn't hurt. I was told that it would take "a few days to a few weeks" before I felt any improvement. And indeed, after two weeks I felt considerably better. I have the second one scheduled for December 7th, or sooner if there's a cancellation. I will also admit that I am taking CBD oil; 15 mg in the morning and 25 mg at night. The doc that did the spine shot suggested it. Right now I have very little pain. My foot still swells but nowhere near like it did before. My foot still turns a bit red but not almost blue like it did before. Bottom line: I'm doing okay.
So there was no sedation at all?? No way I will be able to lay still and let them use a giant needle without some sort of sedating medication. What medications were part of your injection? Just curious how my planned injection stacks up. I think they said I could choose to have sedation and if that's the case I absolutely will.
annabanana123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote