View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 10:25 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Doctors are human, and get scared.

60 mg. every 3 - 4 hours is sensible. Obviously you don't have enough acetylcholine, not too much.

He must not know of the very short life of Mestinon. Just tell him that Mestinon kicks in after 20 - 30 minutes. 2 hours after the 30-minute mark, Mestinon wears off. I don't even need to look at a clock to know when I need more!

This is the point where doctoring can be dangerous to MG patients. Hit them with gobs of steroids, expect that to work right away, decrease dosage of Mestinon, and hope for things to improve. Yeah, never works. Steroids can make someone worse before they are better.

I'm not a doctor, but I would give you IVIG again on a regular basis, up the Mestinon, and withdraw the steroids before your adrenal glands completely shut off (they don't need to work when a drug is doing that job for them!). Arrogant of me, right?

When are you going to Florida? I hope you will call the neuros there, and find a true MG expert. Be careful on the trip there. I wouldn't exactly call your symptoms "stable MG."

Good thing that you're smart! We need to be our best advocates while doctoring, even if doctors don't like that.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote