View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 12:36 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I haven't heard anything from urgent care, so I guess the throat culture came back negative, which is good (but not surprising) news
My throat feels even better today

At this point, I'm trying to assume no news is good news all around, but I can't shake the feeling that the surgery is never going to happen. I don't know why. Maybe it's because it's already been postponed once? IDK, but I don't like the feeling. I'm not telling the surgeon about my sore throat at this point because I KNOW I'll be feeling better before the surgery. 3 days later I'm MUCH better with 8 days left to go.

8 days seems like such a short period of time, but at the same time, it seems like a long time away. I have most things planned out, with the exception of cleaning, but the only appointment I have scheduled is a manicure, so I have plenty of time to get that done...
I will have to do cleaning for Thanksgiving over the next two days, but all of that will have to be redone before I go into the hospital. I want to leave the place clean, so hopefully it will still be fairly clean by the time I come home.

I lucked out yesterday and was able to get a fresh turkey breast at my regular supermarket, so I didn't have to make a special trip to somewhere else! I can't remember when/if that's happened. They had very few, and I got the only one that was left in the size-range I was looking for
I will go grocery shopping one more time before surgery, but it will be mainly for Corey. I will be on clear liquids the following day. Possibly that day. IDK yet.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-20-2018), Dmom3005 (11-20-2018), Mari (11-20-2018), mymorgy (11-20-2018)