View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 01:08 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Hello and ''Functional'' symptoms

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to have found this forum after a couple of years of ill health and then being hit with the dubious diagnosis of Functional Neurological Disorder.
Unlike most of people in the forums that people are sent to after receiving this mysterious diagnosis, I am very much struggling to come to terms with this label. Its' sinister, sexist medical history, its implications, plus the lack of treatment, science and prognosis.

According to my scans, have 2 small brain aneurysms, one thrombosed aneurysm and a bulge in the wall of another artery. Spinally, I have a bulging disc at L4/5 and some lumbar foraminal stenosis.

My symptoms which have led to the FND diagnosis include an inability to raise my legs when laying down (only in one position) and gait disturbance. Also fatigue, brain fog, the usual...

I can see how these inconsistencies are at odds with other neurological disease and also how the brain/signals are misfiring. It's just that I am more inclined to believe this is as a result of a yet to be discovered illness, rather than repressed trauma or something like that. I am the first to put my hands up and say I havent had the easiest of lives but who has?!

To put it short, I am struggling to accept that these medically unexplained symptoms are a 'disorder'.

Anyway, just an introduction, any threads/comments/experiences welcomed and thanks for reading!
Mic
Mic67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote