View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 10:33 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default reading difficulty

Hi all! I have been in rehab for my concussion for 2 months. My car was hit by a drunk driver and totaled unfortunately but I made it out in one piece. Initially I had moderate expressive aphasia and couldn't do anything for more than 10 minutes. I have come a long way since then but I have been having issues with reading. Longer posts on here I can't even bother to read. I try to read instructions and can't really do it well unless its quick, bulleted lists.

I am working with an OT on my visual processing issues and have an appt with a neuro-ophthalmologist coming up next week. I do get eye strain and have light sensitivity. I know my eyes are not working well together because of some of the tests and exercises we have been doing. I can type ok but it takes me awhile. I can read quick easy things and take in the info easily.

I am most concerned about my job. I work in healthcare and it is very cerebral and fast paced. I read all day and look up dosages and healthcare info. I can't screw up. I know I am not ready to go to work yet. I'm just not reading and comprehending at the level I was prior to my accident.

I feel the I am able to do so many more things than I was last month. I still can't drive. I can socialize in very small groups, do anything around my house, go for quick walks, and even go into small stores and eat at a restaurant if its a slow time of day. Very different than I was. Fast paced and on the go a lot. I am doing better and thats what counts.

Anyone else with reading issues? What helped you the most? If you have a job like mine how did you adjust when you went back to work?

Any advice or links you have would be great. I'm fortunate to have a good concussion rehab team where I live but I really feel that I also need to talk with people who have been there.

Thanks-You,
Chrissy
chrissylala is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Living_Dazed (02-18-2019)