View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 05:09 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default First Molar Extraction 12 Days Past

Hello,

I had a lower left left molar extracted 12 days ago, as I had it root canal'd and crowned and still could not chew on it. I've been back to the dentist a couple times since the extraction the most recent being 5 days ago (1 week following the extraction). She said there was no sign of infection or dry socket but that the wound was healing a bit slower than she would like to see, she re-induced some bleeding to hopefully help this process.

It's now been 12 days total since the tooth was pulled and I'm still getting the same dull throbbing pain in the extraction area. It's especially bad if I have to bend over to pick something up, or if I have to run/jog briefly. Sometimes it feels like its coming from the teeth near it or above it on the top.

At this point I've convinced myself that either a) I pulled the wrong tooth to begin with or b) its going to throb for the rest of time.

Is it possible for it still to subside at this point? Two weeks seems like a long time for just regular healing and pain to subside given that there are supposedly no other complications in play.

Any thoughts?
Dskotek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote