View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 06:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking I'm new to this board...I am a new member over at another board as well!

Hello, My name is Brian Carotenuto. I was born with hydrocephalus due to Aqueductural Stenosis. I am 34 years old. My condition has been arrested since I was 7 years old.

When I was younger, I had several shunt revisions over the years, the last revision back in '78, right before the hydrocephalus arrested.

I have been able to overcome some obstacles that I had when I was younger. One of which was getting my driver's license, I froze up behind the wheel when I was in Driver's Ed in high school. The second thing was being able to find a job that I would be successful in doing. I am currently working at a thoroughbred racetrack here in Delaware, where I live. I have been working there since April '93. (As a side note, I was nominated for both the "Employee of the Year, and the "Employee of the Month" awards that are awarded throughout the year. (Hopefully this will give someone hope who is on the fence about being successful!

Many thanks to the doctors up at CHOP for their caring and support over the years. Even though I am older, I still maintain contact with several of the doctors that have worked on me over the years.
gossame1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote