Thread: MS mischief
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 11:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Well this afternoon must have been a day for mischief indeed, as is our annual tradition my mother and I were working on making our holiday crafts for presents. I was working on an ohio star quilt for my father in law. My mother heard some French coming from my side of the kitchen and asked what was wrong... i told her the light went out on my machine, couldn’t see a thing, and with a grumble I got up to get a flashlight and my screwdriver. Ignoring the fact that my mother was still asking me what I was talking about.

I have a tool chest in the living room, joke between my DH and me, but regardless I grabbed the flashlight from the upper left drawer, and grabbed the screwdriver out of the bottom right drawer of the top of the chest and still muttering because we’re getting down to the wire now, I retake my seat at the sewing machine and flip on the flashlight... a few more French words fly from my mouth... the dang batteries are dead.... grrr... grumble.... grrrr....grrrr.....

By now my mom is beside asking why on earth I have the flashlight and screw driver and why am I so upset? She’s trying to nudge me out of the way thinking I jammed fabric or something in the machine. So I tell her the light went out on my machine, like seriously can’t see a thing and now the flashlight doesn’t work either and I don’t have time for this....

She proceeds to tell me that both are on.... “what??” No they aren’t, geez, can’t she see how dark it is? I get “love, both of them are on I see the lights...” “no they aren’t it’s like pitch black heck I can’t even see my own hand in front of my face let alone sew...” and no sooner did I say that then I could start to see some light.

Eventually my vision cleared and I could see well as fine as I do any other time, thankfully I was too distracted by projects to realize I had quite literally blindly gone to the living room and grabbed a flashlight and screwdriver never realizing I was actually blind at the time . And worse that it was the middle of the day and it never clicked in my mind that there was no sunlight coming through the windows lol.

And no I didn’t go to the Er, allergic to cortisone which is the only treatment, but I did finish the quilt top
Kitty (11-28-2018)