View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 08:38 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I did stop--

--taking Gabapentin as the symptoms waned, but since I had gotten up to 2700mg/day it took me some nine months to wean off it completely. The standard protocols with Gabapentin reduction tend to recommend a reduction of 100mg/week by I went even more slowly as I wanted to minimize any chance of major rebound pain or increased seizure possibility due to central nervous system signalling upregulation during the Gabapentin redgimen (Gabapentin tends to work by suppressing central nervous system signalling rate as many anti-seizure meds do).

I wasn't on any special nutritional regimen other than the general recommendations that tend to be made--I took 1000mcg of methylcobalamin B12 three times a week, fish oil and magnesium citrate each day. I tried a trial of 100mg/day R-lipoic acid for some months but didn't think it was having much of a effect so I weaned down and stopped that.

There may have been some slight autonomic symptoms from time to time, though I emphasize slight, mostly regarding blood pressure and sweat responses. It is common for people with small fiber syndromes to have some degree of autonomic symptomology though for the majority these tend to be minor and often subclinical.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joe Duffer (03-29-2019)