Thread: mg symptoms
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 04:29 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoe View Post
Hi all,

Was recently (about two weeks ago) been given a tentative diagnosis of myasthenia gravis after a lengthy series of referrals (lol.) MRIs were normal so I don't have a thymoma or anything. Currently waiting for bloodwork to come back. SFEMG appointment in december, etc etc.

My question is... well, I've obviously seen the various list of symptoms and maybe some of them are self-explanatory (ptosis, blurry/doubled vision) but I'm having a hard time conceptualizing what's meant by "muscle weakness" and "difficulty swallowing."

For muscle weakness, do you generally find that it means that whatever parts of your body simply get tired/unable to support weight? Or is it more like cramping/soreness after minor exertion? I'm just not sure if I'm experiencing Symptoms™ or just... weird cramps.

For "difficulty swallowing"... well I just have no idea. Can any of you please describe how this feels? Is it like a tight throat? Globular sensation? Again, it's hard for me to say if something is a Symptom™ when I have no idea what the term is supposed to mean.
I am newly diagnosed Ocular Myasthenia Gravis. Mine began with stacked double vision. It took me a couple of neurologists to get a diagnosis; but you have gotten the right test-SNFEMG. My vocal cords are weak making my speech "hoarse" sounding. I also choke on my own spit occasionally. I have generalized muscle weakness; but part of that is not exercising. I think everyone's symptoms are subjective for the most part. What is yours is yours.
6thCranialNerve is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cosmoe (12-02-2018)