View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 12:17 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Hi everybody!!! Thank you all for your support and prayers. I really appreciated them, and I appreciate having all of you in my corner
And thank you Bizi for keeping everyone updated

It feels SOOOOO GOOD to be home!!!
The kitties did miss me, especially Buddy. Corey is taking care of the cat boxes and feeding duties, at least for now. He's trying really hard to be attentive and helpful. I'm trying really hard to just sit back and accept his way of doing things. We have to go grocery shopping tomorrow. That should be interesting.

Yesterday I got to take my first shower since Tuesday night and it felt just wonderful. I took another one this morning, and it felt just as good

My pain has gotten a bit worse since I've been home. Corey says it's because I've been trying to do too much, and I think he's right. I have the option of taking 2 pain pills if I need to. I reluctantly did that this morning, and am much more comfortable. I should consider doing that again if the first pill doesn't provide enough relief.

It was clear from my first BM that I ended up on the diarrhea side of things vs. still being a little constipated. It will take about another 2 weeks before we can really tell how things shape up. I hope the diarrhea improves.

I had LOTS of liquid diarrhea yesterday, but I think it's because, at least in part, that I can't tolerate the amount of coffee I'm accustomed to. I didn't think of taking Immodium until about 5:30pm- because I'm a dumb a-, but when I took it, it helped. I'm not having the same problem today, so I'm not worried about an infection, etc. But I will still call and let my surgeon know.

I have been taking dilauded, so I haven't been smoking pot. Last night was the first night I was bothered by spasticity. I think that I've probably been having it, but between the pain med and my regular meds, I just haven't been waking up to it. I don't want to smoke MJ while I'm taking narcotics.

I think that you're all up to date now

It will take me a long time to catch up on the forum, but right now, it's nap time.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-03-2018), Dmom3005 (12-03-2018), Mari (12-04-2018), mymorgy (12-03-2018)