View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 11:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My husband's PN came on in the hospital during his treatment for Aplastic Anemia. They too had no solutions for him except more drugs and he was not having any of that.

A couple of things to consider. Look at the medications he was on in the hospital. They can have neurological side effects. And, since he was on a ventilator, I would venture to guess that the nutrition provided was less than optimal. Probably also impacted his gut health and the microbiome needs to be restored.

So I would suggest addressing nutrition that support the nerves and mitochondria. Aside from the B12 (methyl form) and other B vitamins, Alpha lipoid Acid made a big difference in his pain level. Within two weeks, he noticed improvement. There's a new form of the vitamin called R-Lipoic Acid which is supposed to be more bio-available.

He also did chiropractic adjustments which corrected his gait. His gait was totally off from being in bed in the hospital for so long.

We also invested in a device called the Rebuilder which is like a tens units. This really helped him a lot. Not everyone has the same response though.

Also, cool foot baths in epsom salts can help. And keep the feet really moisturized with a good foot balm. Kind of acts like an insulator for the nerves.
Marlene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote