View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 01:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Elise,

So sorry to hear about your boyfriend. I can only imagine his emotional struggles. I too was once incredibly active, and feel somewhat fortunate that I was hit with the neuropathy later in life. I would have been devastated at his age. Not that I'm happy about it now, mind you, but at least it didn't hit me in my prime. I certainly pass no judgement on him. (I'm also an engineer by the way.)

In addition to the CBD oil, I would suggest getting him on a high quality fish oil to supply good doses of Omega 3 oils. There's pretty good evidence that they're neuroprotective and may aid with healing. And yes, nerves can heal...it just takes time. If it helps, here's the fish oil I get from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Viva Naturals Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplement, 18 Capsules - Highly Concentrated Fish Oil Omega 3 Pills, Burpless, 2,2mg Fish Oil/serving (14mg of EPA & 48 mg of DHA): Health & Personal Care

It's definitely ok to have hope. My symptoms are much more tolerable than they were when I first got hit. I think back on those days, and it's like night and day. The anxiety and stress associated with the sudden onset made it 1000 times worse. Try to encourage positive thoughts that it WILL get better so his anxiety might lessen and all the horrible stress hormones reduce.

If he's like me, meditation would be be difficult, but I do try it just to relax when I'm flaring. I put on my favorite calming music, and just try to let go.

Best of luck to you both. Please let us know he's doing.

Janie
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joe Duffer (12-10-2018)