View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 09:44 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default 'Friendly' smack on the head

im an 19 year old, 5'11 135 pound caucasion male with post concussion syndrome, anxiety/depression, neck issues.
Yesterday was my birthday and I must say it was one of the worst ones of my life. I decided to go out with some friends but before I could even get to the restaurant, I ran in to someone I know when I was exiting the metro.
The guy is a short but really stocky and strong ex-football player who was really excited to me I guess. He gave me a big props and hug but then worst thing that could possibly happen happened...
He smacked me pretty hard on the top of my head. It stung a fair bit and even today I can still feel it and its been radiating down to my forehead leaving me with a bit of a dull headache.

It was definitely one of the most devastating events in my life and the whole night after this happened, all I could think off was getting home so I could wallow in my despair and shed a few tears. I was supposed to be studying all day today but instead all I could do was lay in bed or on the couch in front of the tv, it was a really hard day, didn't even step outside or eat much really.
What do you guys think about what happen, ive been having a little bit of a headache today and the area where I was hit is still a little tender (theres no bruising but I can still feel the area a bit) ? Does this sound damaging or is it just anxiety or maybe a bit of a setback? Im gonna make an appointment with a doctor for next week either way to talk about what happened but it cant hurt for to post here and get some different perspectives or opinions.
BenW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote