View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 12:30 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Secondary generalised seizure

Hi all,
I've only had 2 seizures in the past, both simple and complex partials, I have a left temporal lobe lesion.
A few days ago after a far too many drinks I experienced what the paramedics and emergency department said was a secondary generalised seizure.
I don't remember it but during the car ride home my friend said I started twitching rhythmically, both upper and lower limbs, was unrousable and unresponsive to voice or pain. It lasted about 2 minutes. She said she didn't witness me become rigid prior to the twitching but I was drooling/frothing at the mouth. They called an ambulance and said once I stopped twitching I was unconcious and snoring, then slowly regained full consciousness within 30 minutes but couldn't talk for awhile. I had a horrible headache and was tired for hours (it was 2am in the morning though, and like I said I had been drinking). I am taking lamictal.
What confuses me is that there was no tonic phase, I was not incontinent, did not bite my tounge, and the twitching wasn't violent. Is there such thing as a "mild" tonic clonic seizure?
Wanderlust90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote